Thursday, June 11, 2015

Cheerio! - Random Musings on Business Travel

London... where things that are right are actually left. In a former life, I used to travel a ton. Growing up in Southern California, I pretty much stayed on the west coast. I had some opportunities to travel in college to China to visit my dad, but that was all vacation stuff. Well traveling for work is a whole other animal.

I have been to cool places like London, Tokyo, Germany, France, Spain, and China. I have also been banished to places like Wisconsin and Tennessee... basically those US States that I cant spell without spell check. The good is that I got to experience the world, but some places are obviously better than others. I am always up to experience something at least once. Some places you will fall in love with (e.g. Tokyo - because of robots, toys, sushi, noodles, more robots, more sushi, and beers) and others I will NEVER ever have to visit again (e.g, Memphis - because people are surprised I speak English and tell me I am not from around there).

Anyways, after several years, I am back in London for the 2nd time in the past 6 months for my current job. It is so interesting to be here. It is like being in a Twilight Zone episode (for the young-ins, google that shit!). I understand everyone, but I don't (because Brits have a funny accent and different words) and everyone drives on the other side of the road. I guess the point of it all is that I have taken it for granted that I have been here so many times. I came with my team and they wanted to sight see... and I was going to pass because I have seen it all before... I ended up going just to be a good sport and I appreciated the hell out of what London has to offer. I don't know why I assumed it was all the same. Maybe it is because I am older now? I have no clue, but I just wanted to say that I was foolish to not appreciate this opportunity for what it is. I mean working always sucks, but getting to travel the world is a really nice perk.

So in the spirit of having fun and not giving a fuck what people think, I took a Baymax Tsum Tsum and went around London and some other nearby landmarks and took a series of photos to document my trip. If I make it back here, I will continue to do this and keep this tradition going. Stay tuned for more adventures around the world. As the Brits would say "Cheers!"

 Windsor Castle!
 Stonehenge!
 Cathedral in the City of Bath

No comments:

Post a Comment